Winner Silver Medal
USA Spirits Rating 2022
Summerville Gin Takes Home the Silver
- One of the guiding principles of the USA Spirits Ratings competition is that all spirits that receive medals in the competition should be those that consumers actually want to buy, whether it is shopping for a spirit at a retail liquor store or ordering a spirit off a bar menu. As a result, the USA Spirits Ratings competition has created an entirely new 100-point rating system that takes into account three different criteria (Quality, Value and Packaging) rather than just spirit making technique or overall taste.
- The judging panel included spirits industry professionals with commercial buying expertise. It also included professionals from leading retail chains, wholesalers, distributors, specialty retailers and casual and fine dining establishments.
Winner Silver Medal
International Wine and Spirit Competition 2022
The IWSC is an annual wine and spirits competition. Founded in 1969, by Anton Massel, it has grown to become one of the largest such competitions in the world.
- A total of 85, predominantly UK based, judges evaluated over 4,000 entrants across a dozen major categories for the 2022 International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC). The results have just been announced.
- In the gin category, historically one of the competition’s largest segments, a total of 22 gins were awarded the coveted Gold Outstanding medal. The winners ranged from all over the world.
- Spirits are evaluated on a 100-point scale and awards are given out for Gold Outstanding (98-100 points), Gold (95-97 points), Silver (90-94 points) and Bronze (85-89 points).
The who’s who of the industry about SV Summerville Gin:
“A refreshingly citrus initial nose develops into rhubarb sweetness; elegant and gentle, a lingering presence of orange oils combine with buttery smoothness. The flavours linger well and create a long memorable finish”
Winner Bronze Medal
Craft Spirits Berlin 2022
With a total of 666 products from 25 countries submitted, Craft Spirits Berlin Awards is the largest and most important international competition for handmade spirits.
- The jury meeting was decentralised: 24 experts in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, France, Hungary, Denmark and Great Britain have them.
Samples were sent in numbered, unlabelled bottles and the assessment was carried out via a digital platform.
Silver Medal Category Flavoured
The International Spirits Challenge 2022
The International Spirits Challenge is the most authoritative, respected and influential spirits competition in the world.
Now in its 27th year, the ISC is the premier event in promoting outstanding quality spirits from across the globe. The competition is founded on a rigorous and independent judging process, which serves to encourage the high calibre of spirits, designs and campaigns entered into the competition each year. Receiving thousands of entries from nearly 70 countries worldwide makes the ISC a truly global competition. It is supported by many of the world’s leading spirits producers as the international standard for quality and excellence.
Winning an ISC award is indeed an impressive achievement for any spirit that passes the scrupulous blind assessment from our experienced panel of specialist judges.
Western Dry Gin
Women’s International Trophy 2021
SV Summerville Gin also convinced the jury of the Women’s International Trophy 2021 and won the silver medal in this New category.
The Women’s International Trophy awards wines & spirits according to high ISO 9001 certified competition standards. The wines & spirits are tasted blindly by an all-female international jury made up of experienced experts on the basis of the sensory analysis criteria of the International Organization for Rebe and Wine OIV. A maximum of one third of the samples presented will be awarded a medal in the competition so that buyers and consumers can then be assured of a targeted selection.
Best German Contemporary
World Gin Awards 2021
THE BEST GERMAN CONTEMPORARY GIN COMES FROM MARBURG! ACCORDING TO THE DECISION OF THE INDEPENDENT JURY OF THE WORLD GIN AWARDS 21, WHICH PRESENTED SUMMERVILLE GIN WITH THE WORLD GIN AWARD ON FEBRUARY 27, 2021
HOW THE JURY CAME TO THIS DECISION
- Every year, the World Gin Awards recognize the best gins in a total of eleven categories. More than 800 gins are tested for this.
- In a first blind tasting round, the gin is judged by independent, international spirits experts.
- The number of points collected for each category determines the gold, silver and bronze medals distribution. The country winner of each section is then chosen based on the best scores in a country.
- Each national winner then competes in a second round for the title of world’s best gins in every category.
Contemporary gins are gins with taste profiles in which juniper is still recognizable, but citrus, spice and floral aromas are more pronounced than with a classic gin. Contemporary Gin is a collective term for gins that are described as “New-Wave”, “New Western” or “New American Dry”. This gin must be bottled with a minimum content of 37.5% ABV.